In the evolving digital world, our expertise and our growing community of Time Outers and Tastemakers put the very best of the city in the palm of your hand. We are global, and no one knows local better than we do.
Since June 2016, Time Out Group is listed on London's AIM stock exchange, trading under the ticker symbol 'TMO'.
Current vacanciesWe've got some great news, we're hiring! See below for current vacancies in our Shanghai office. Time Out Shanghai is the city's highest-quality English-language lifestyle media brand, reporting all aspects of the city's culture and entertainment scene.
Digital Content Editor
Do the words ‘search engine optimisation’ get your blood racing? Are you a nerd for creating the perfect web title? We’re looking for a digital content editor to run timeoutshanghai.com
and assist with timeoutshanghai.com/family
The role will largely involve editing and optimising content to be platform appropriate, managing the Time Out Shanghai WeChat, planning and coordinating content packages with editors, page management and working with our developer to provide the best user and client experience.
In addition to this, there will be the opportunity for writing and content production. The right candidate will have a keen eye for detail, be hyper organised and love generating web traffic through compelling content.
- Curate and run Time Out Shanghai WeChat channel and biweekly newsletter
- Manage and update the site's section pages to keep content up to date and regularly refreshed
- Work closely with the editors and writers to ensure as much content as possible is search engine optimised before publication
- Analyse content gaps, identifying new opportunities and providing editorial teams with keyword, copy, and layout recommendations for implementation based on driving maximum traffic and engagement
- Supervise, manage and work with our partners on Time Out's ticketing and reservation platforms
- Assist in tracking and planning for seasonality to ensure timely publishing of appropriate content
- Previous digital experience, ideally handling a WeChat subscription account
- Familiarity with SEO, Content Management Systems
- Excellent writing
- Strong organisational skills, an acute attention to detail and excellent multi-tasking skills
- An understanding of, and passion for, the Time Out brand
This role is full time and based from the office. To apply, please email Editor-in-Chief Cat Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org and Managing Editor Amy Snelling at email@example.com with a CV and cover letter.
Time Out Shanghai internships offer the opportunity to be part of a passionate and experienced team in helping to produce both our magazine and website. Part-time and full-time placements are available. All positions are unpaid but expenses are available.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and creative bilingual Chinese and English speaking interns to support our editorial and online staff. Interns will do a lot of information gathering around Shanghai, assisting our writers and editors to research stories and discover new and exciting events across the city.
You will also be involved in the day-to-day development of the Time Out Shanghai
website such as managing our events calendar, creating and uploading website content and contributing to our blog.
Please send your CV along with writing samples and an idea of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.