In the evolving digital world, our expertise and our growing community of Time Outers and Tastemakers put the very best of the city in the palm of your hand. We are global, and no one knows local better than we do.
Since June 2016, Time Out Group is listed on London's AIM stock exchange, trading under the ticker symbol 'TMO'.
Music & Nightlife Editor
Do you have a knack for finding the next big local artists? Are you passionate about breaking nightlife news? Is music life?
The focus of the job will be primarily on what's exciting and new in the Shanghai music and nightlife scene. Along with producing print round-ups, digital listicles and larger nightlife-related features, the Music & Nightlife Editor serves as the publication's chief music and nightlife critic, who will guide Shanghairen on where (or where not) to catch live shows, party and have an amazing night out in the city.
- Plan and write all music and nightlife content (reviews, features, listings, interviews, etc) across print and digital platforms
- Create weekly blog posts, pitch and execute feature ideas
- Have your finger ever on the pulse of Shanghai's robust music and nightlife scene; use your professional contacts and social media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing
- Represent the brand at industry events and in media appearances
Personal attributes and essential skills
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of the music and nightlife industry in Shanghai
- Existing grasp and understanding of SEO best practice, or willingness to learn
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to write copy in line with highest editorial standards
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines
- A high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
How to apply
This role is part-time and out-of-house. To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Music & Nightlife Editor'.